Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Happy holidays one and all


Christmas is definitely looming. The craziness in the shops is getting beyond control! Everywhere you go, the race to get the perfect christmas presents (or NOT???) is definitely on! Imagine Oxford St on a Saturday or Sunday in any given week in the year - pure madness! But magnify that by a hundred!!! What you get is complete and utter chaos!!! To make things worse (or better - depending on which side of the fence you're sitting on) - every shop has started their christmas sale NOW! Gone are the days where anticipation of waiting for THE sale on Boxing day is the one thing that I actually look forward to during the holidays. This however comes with an exception - the ultimate Bond St only starts their sale on the 27th! The only time in the year where the creme de la creme of designer brands will be opening their doors to commoners like me. The plan is to start early on Wednesday the 27th to beat those hard core bargain hunters at their game. Armed with a couple of plastics (which hopefully still has some life in them), warm winter gear and sensible shoes (most definitely!!!) - Mulberry, Gucci, Prada here I come!!!! Am so looking forward to some serious retail therapy! Have been eyeing a pair of Choo's orange sandals with Swarovski crystals and a tan Roxy bag...Aaahhhhh....Bliss!!!



Then on to Picaddily to Fortnum & Mason for some gorgeous jams, preserves, biscuits and tea - to stock up the larder at home. Might also make a little visit to La Maison du Chocolat accross the road for that beautiful, silky soft pralines and divine truffles to take home for my beloved. To re-energize,will drop in to Patisserie Valerie for a cup of inviorating tea and some excellent French pastries... So that's my day planned out... All I have to do now is sit back, relax and roll on FRIDAY!!!

3 comments:

anne said...

Sounds like a great plan.... Enjoy your retail therapy...and thanks for dropping by my blog.

anne

Jill Yusoff said...

Those are the things I can only dream about. Reading your post is a therapy to me. Don't forget to post the pictures of your bounty. Happy shopping.

Ms Dapur said...

Will do nekbat!!! ... let's see how successful i'd be on Tuesday... Hopefully the crazy rampage (which I am sure it'll be!!!) will not dampened my spirits... I'd probably come back with my fair share of blisters and bruises... I'd say shopping during the sale period is definitely not one for the faint hearted!!